Registering on the portal
You can register on the portal to gain access to some of our most popular APIs. A range of sandbox APIs are available to any user once they have registered an account. To self-register, please follow the instructions below:
Click on the register link in the top right of this page.
A few things to remember:
- Choose your BTID Username, please make sure it’s an email address! Your sign-up confirmation will be sent to this email address.
- Please make sure your password contains a mixture of letters / numbers and is at least 10 characters long.
- Please complete the subsequent boxes to tell us who you are. Please remember all fields are mandatory.
- You will receive an activation email containing a link, please click on it to confirm your registration.
- You are now ready to explore our APIs and start to create your own sandbox apps.
Exploring our APIs
Our ‘API products’ section details some of our popular APIs and how you can use them in real-life scenarios. Case studies demonstrate how customers have used our APIs to deliver innovative services for their customers.
Our ‘Documentation’ section has detailed technical descriptions of how to use our APIs with examples. Specifications can be downloaded for use in tools such as Postman.
Not all of our APIs are shared publicly for security and regulatory reasons, so please get in touch if you can’t find the API that you are looking for.
Creating a test (sandbox) app
When you’ve found the API that’s right for you, go to the ‘My apps’ section of the site and select ‘Create a new app’. Choose from the range of APIs, click ‘Create’ and your app is ready to use.
You can now use the app’s key and secret to access our sandbox free of charge. You can test your own application using key success and failure responses which are detailed in the specification.
Access to production APIs (live data)
Before you can start using our APIs with live data, you'll need to agree to our contractual terms, so please reach out via the ‘contact us’ form.
When you're all set up, you can create API apps in the production environment which will give you access to live data.
Most common questions can be answered in the FAQ section of the site and you'll also find links to extra help if you need it.